Sunday 16 August 2015

What I Wore... Black Cutout Dress


Hey Blog Readers! 

So last night (Saturday August 15th) I went to a Saudi Prince's graduation party. The party was at one of his mansions (he owns like three in a row). It was in the Hollywood Hills over by the Hollywood reservoir and I wore one of my new dresses so I thought I'd show it off here :)


I got ready in record time (under an hour head to toe) & I was really happy with how the look came together! The sad part is I feel this particular party was a waste of the dress! I feel this way because it didn't start until 2am so we went to 1Oak first which was jammed! It was so packed that me and two of the girls left the club and went to Rock and Reilly's (an irish bar in weho) to wait until everyone we were with in 1oak was ready to go to the party. The three of us were way to dressed up for a pub! Anyway, eventually we headed over to the party but the security was top-notch: There was LAPD blocking the streets surrounding the house and we couldn't take the limo we were in up there - everyone had to take designated shuttles. When we reached the house everyone's phones had to be checked in - this meant zero photo opportunities at the party! That's why I feel the dress was wasted on that party! Luckily I did take a couple of snaps before leaving my place but without a doubt you will see me wearing this dress (and likely even styled the same?) to a better event (where I can get some proper pictures) in the near future! (so don't judge the recycling of outfits:)

Here's some more of the dress: 
 





























This dress is from one of my new favorites The Kewl Shop.com! (retails for $149) and as you can see it is SUPER revealing!  It's made from bandage material so it hugs and stretches in all the right places and has cut-out openings all the way up one side! You definitely have to be daring to wear this dress because it is a head turner and perhaps an opinion divider for sure but I think it's fab and so many people I met loved it and asked me all about it! I feel that although it is "risque" you can get away with it because it has a high neckline (your not showing any cleavage)  and it also comes down to a reasonable knee length at the front! from one side it looks like an extremely elegant dress but from the other it's "sex bomb" all the way! I am in love with it and I already can't wait to wear it again!!




Makeup and Hair! 
I knew as soon as I saw the dress that I would have to pull back my hair to show off this dress because my hair is so black and long that it would just blend in with the dress if I was to wear it down and it wouldn't do the dress justice! I thought about doing a beehive, a bun or sleeking it back but due to time restrictions I ended up just putting it in a french plait/braid and I think it worked pretty well! (I got a lot of "lara croft" comments on the night). For my makeup I decided to do a red lip, gold eye shadow and contour... I love the way red lippy looks on others but I've never been a huge fan of it on myself until now! Last night I was feeling it and I think it's because I've finally found a good red lipstick! 'Fire Engine' by Gerard Cosmetics (code 'Barry' = 25% off). I've used Ruby-woo, lady danger (both by mac) and a heap of other brands over the years in my search for the perfect red pout but none of them ever filled my requirements! Fire Engine though, as with all the Gerard Cosmetics lipsticks, ticks all the right boxes! <3

Here is a Makeup Video I did for this

 


Follow me @ShahirBarry on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter to keep up to date! 

Lots of Love, 
Shahira Xo
If your company would like a review or specific blog-post on a product, treatment, service or any other item to appear on www.shahirabarry.com email info@shahirabarry.com with the details.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig